This online course will help you develop skills to address the expectations of hotel managers, guests, employees and governmental agencies. Learn to identify key supervisory skills and understand why supervisors sometimes fail. Develop the communication skills essential for effective leadership, increased productivity and increased performance standards. Turn basic human resource functions into motivational strategies.
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify fundamental supervisory responsibilities.
- Explain the steps that supervisors can take to speak effectively on the job.
- Describe how supervisors work with the human resources department to recruit new employees.
- Explain the function of training within an organization and the supervisor's role in training.
- Forecast business volume using the base adjustment forecasting method and the moving average forecasting method.
- Distinguish coaching from counseling and disciplining.
- Identify the components of a progressive disciplinary program.
- List important laws and legal concerns that affect hospitality supervisors.
- Describe issues supervisors should be aware of as they assume the role of team leader.
- Explain how supervisors can increase employee participation in department activities.
- Identify steps supervisors should follow during a meeting with employees in conflict.
- Distinguish high-priority interruptions from low-priority interruptions, and summarize strategies for dealing with the latter.
- Describe actions that supervisors can take to minimize employee resistance to change.
- Explain why it is important for supervisors to take control of their personal development, and describe how to execute a career development plan.